 Town / 168
Re: Cars, Trucks, & other essentials.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:02:01 GMT

I think the yellow colour is good. Tan would look awful, as well as a pink
colour. If the minifigs had different colours, then people would be mad and
say "TLG is bad and evil! If not, then why did they include one (insert
colour of your choice here) minifig and three (insert another colour here)
minifigs?"
Yellow works good, I like it.

--Tobias

<SNIP>
fact that no matter how many Hitlers, Napoleons, and Klans pop up, all the
people in the world will never be "yellow". This is why the field commander • of
my new space outfit is one of the 2 first brown-skinned LEGO minifigs • created
for my usage. (There is also a black businessman sitting in my bank for
Datsville. (see lugnet.cad.dat.models)) The only coincidence in transport • is
that Northwest Airlines (the carrier in the Memphis International Airport • with
over 40% of the working slots) has a whole fleet of red, white, & gray
aircraft. Most other American carriers (except for the brown Southwest
Airlines) have primarily blue & white outfits. Evergreen (duh), Burlington • Air
Express & the Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railroad have green-based • color
schemes.
By the way, the latest "recycle truck" has a blue color scheme. However, in
Memphis, the regular garbage trucks are solid white (except for the garbage
stains ;{ ) and the recycle trucks are tan & brown (and do not have wheels • like
monster trucks!) Corporate trash companies usually have their own color
schemes. Also they do not provide the illusion of recycling (unless that's
their protocol) by placing a recycle icon on the side of the truck. With
Construction vehicles, yellow & black are usually the only colors around
(except for privately contracted cement mixers & truck cranes). However, • I'm
thinking of going with orange, or even day-glow green & purple (see
Transformers' Constructions)! You would drop your jaw if a fleet of bright
green (0, 255, 0) trucks came down your street. A set I plan to offer TLG
involves a vintage orange sports car and a black cruiser entitled "Ridge
Runners." If it looks good, I want to make use of the suspension spring • wheel
plates (in dark gray or blue). Otherwise, I want to de-"Town Jr." the next
millenium's town collection. If anyone wants to help me with that project • (esp.
if they use LDraw/LEdit), they're welcome to join me with the promise that • they
recieve full credit if TLG becomes interested.
If anyone wants to offer future advice on Town or Space sets or a merger
between both (that's better looking than Space Port's rockets & shuttles),
reply and I'll find time to reply. Thank you for reading this far.
    James J.