 Trains / 27195
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 05:04:03 GMT

Thanks Bryan..

The frieght train looks nice. The passanger train just one word: YUK! (jr. junk...)

I know you and perhaps others may not know this but I’ll ask anyways. Will there be a way for us to take that new track and add the metal strips to get it to work with our current 9 volt?

I understand why they (TLC) is going this route. (Lower entry point = more people willing to buy the train sets = more LEGO sold). Just hope TLC adds “town stuff” to go with the new trains that is “worth it” (read NOT jr. stuff). But we will have to wait to see. I’m NOT holding my breath any more for them. Priorities in life have changed and the brick has been in the closet for about 1 year now and most likely will continue in there for some time to come. Sad I know but that is life... Guess I have a decision to make soon. Buy the 9V track I need for my “dream layout” or restart with the new track. Hum... =/

Does anyone know if any 3rd party vendors might be able to convert the new track to 9v track or who will be able to make the 9v motors? Are any 3rd party vendoes even on the horizon?

Thanks, AHui