 Trains / 27079
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ted Michon wrote:

  • No electric plates in years

These are apparently still available from customer support in Europe.

  • No Technic sets using 9V anything

The 8421 crane definitely uses the new 9V motor, and a new (apparently studless) battery box has appeared in some photos of the recently announced Technic sets, so I think 9V is still very much alive and well in Technic. Also 9V items are still available from LEGO Educational outlets.

  • No new 9V train items

:(

  • A new Mindstorms that doesn’t use the existing 9V wire/battery/motor/ight system

Doesn’t *include* existing 9V system. Again, LEGO has announced a converter available from LEGO Educational that will allow old 9V motors and sensors to be used with NXT.

  • All the train items on lego.com listed as not available or back ordered

Or discounted.

So while I agree things are looking bad for 9V trains, I think your conclusions about 9V Technic (and other 9V generally) are a little off the mark.

ROSCO