 Trains / 27101
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:49:27 GMT

1.  Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances?
(List your club and number of appearances)

I would assume this would cause problems over the long term.  Since I own 20+ 9V
motors myself, and represent the major train interest in Victoria, BC.  I have
done shows in the past around here, as well as aiding PNLTC, NALUG, NovaLUG, and
VLC.  If I cannot get more 9V, then I start to have to ration what I do
have...because I am not really interested in buying signifigant quantities off
the secondary market if the supply from TLG is removed.  Cost would be a major
factor in my decisions.

2.  Are there any clubs that would continue to show using the new Battery
powered IR Trains?

Don't know.  Depends on how they work.  If they work well, then I can see a
continued use of them.  If they are garbage, then no, I would not A: buy them
except to part out, and B: exibit them.  I have some 4.5V stuff...and I don't
exibit it.  That is because of the "qualities" of it...

3.  How tightly are 9V trains and your clubs survival tied together?

Fairly tightly I believe.  Without the trains to tie my interest into lego, then
it becomes something cluttering my basement up.  And I can use the space for OO
gauge...quite frankly, without new Lego designs, there is no point in occupying
400 sq ft of my basement, and a moderate amount of my income on Lego.  This is
also tied to the giant colour issue...blay has been a major ick factor for a lot
of us who have signifigant collections.  Killing 9V trains would be probably the
icing on the cake...I have other hobbies, and they would likely take my
time/money rather than Lego.  I have more than enough Lego for my son to enjoy
:).

I'd like to point out:

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/brickfest2005/

Contains some specific claims about the 9V line.  If they are untrue, then our
faith in TLG will be diminished greatly.

James Powell