 Trains / 27086
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:09:36 GMT

The silence from LEGO since Jake's departure has been deafening. Jake's blog
used to be my first stop in my daily web news crawl.

But since the keynote at BrickFest
(http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/brickfest2005/) there has been very little
solid news about the IR train system and the LEGO Train Factory program.
There are some great pictures of the sets posted over at ILTCO
(http://www.iltco.org).

But the official LEGO position on the future of the 9V system is not at all
clear.

LEGO - please bring us up to speed.

Bryan

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Bert Waters wrote:
I'm not usually an alarmist but I did notice the new U.S. sale prices on
selected 9V items, including the Train Motor, Speed Regulator, Level
Crossing,
and Train Engine Shed (in new bley which was somewhat good news, as we
hope this
set will be continued with the RC's) along with Locomotives and Rail
Cars.

Ergh, didn't they set up some kind of Ambassadors or GlobalAFOLs or
something
comprising people who are supposed to relay this kind of info back and
forth
between TLG and the great unwashed masses?

I think if anyone knows who any of those "in the know" people are, they
should
ask them to obtain clarification.

JB