 Trains / 27100
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:26:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:

   If 9V trains do get discontinued...

1. Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances? (List your club and number of appearances)

(Speaking for the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club)

No. We would continue to do our 2-4 shows a year until all of our 9 volt motors die.

   2. Are there any clubs that would continue to show using the new Battery powered IR Trains?

Given the design restrictions that appear to be a part of the new system, I can say that, in all probability, we won’t ever run the new system.

   3. How tightly are 9V trains and your clubs survival tied together?

I have already begun plans to evolve beyond the 9 volt LEGO system into larger scales utilizing non-LEGO train motors and track. I do know that the new system (at least without HEAVY modification) won’t be a part of our future plans.

JOHN

TCLTC