 Trains / 27127
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:

Dear Eric,

If 9V trains do get discontinued...

1.  Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances?
(List your club and number of appearances)

The club is already inactive as club. 1000steine is running and guiding the fan
activity in Germany. Me and other (former?) FGLTC members join the
1000steine-land and other shows like the LEGOWORLD in Zwolle (NL). I am
convinced my LEGO train + town models have been presented to surly 100000+
visitors last year.

Without 9V trains I will display less. And I am not willing to promote TLC if
they do not even "support" me, by selling me track for 20 Eur per meter and
motors for 40$ per piece (these are the prices we have to pay here in Europe!).

2.  Are there any clubs that would continue to show using the new Battery
powered IR Trains?

Not me and I haven't heard of any other Co-AFOL in Germany who will (although
there are of course always minorities for everything).

3.  How tightly are 9V trains and your clubs survival tied together?

Without 9V trains there can not be a LTC in Germany. Trains are called
"Eisenbahn" (= iron-railway) over here. A plastic system can't be a "Eisenbahn".
without Eisenbahn there can't be a Eisenbahn-Club (LTC)

Lego lost a huge supporter in me when the changed to blay. But I was still at
shows to promote my hobby and the LEGO idea of a system (but not the LEGO
Company). Without "Eisenbahn"-system there is not much to promote at all...

Leg Godt!

Ben