 Trains / 27093
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:47:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
Eric,

Is there anyway for you to also gather input from "club-less" LEGO train
enthusists? While I don't belong to a club or do exhibitions, I do have my
own home layout for both myself and my children. And I too have a big
investment in 9V gear.

I will likely purchase the new IR cargo train - for the green parts. But the
first thing I will do is fit it with a 9V motor. I've been waiting for an
expansion of the 9V system for years. Now the system changes... What a blow.

Sure post anything that you feel would be helpful.  The reason I wanted to focus
on clubs is that they are essentially providing free advertising for LEGO which
can be quantified and have a value attached.  Any time you can say that LEGO
will loose XXX in free advertising if the line is discontinued it helps to make
a case for continuing the line.

That isn't to say that folks with personal layouts arn't effected.  It is just
harder to quantify and then make a justification for not discontinuing the line
based on that.

Anyway please post anything you feel would be of value.

-Eric Kingsley
LEGO Ambassador