 Trains / 27197
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   Thanks Bryan..

The frieght train looks nice. The passanger train just one word: YUK! (jr. junk...)

I know you and perhaps others may not know this but I’ll ask anyways. Will there be a way for us to take that new track and add the metal strips to get it to work with our current 9 volt?

Hi Ahui and welcome back,

To answer your question : there’s no way - let me explain :

Jan told us that, in order to be compatible (sic) with the metallic tracks, new insulated tracks are a bit thicker to adjust the size.

So if you add a metal strips, the resulting track will be a bit too much thick compared to the current metallic tracks.

So you can’t use them both in combination. (unless you want to reproduce rail cracks and make your trains to run off the track)

Anyway, I consider making some modding on the future train line parts is not a solution because most of us don’t have the required skills.

Didier