 Trains / 27102
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:29:28 GMT

If 9V trains do get discontinued...

1.  Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances?
(List your club and number of appearances)

Speaking as part of Michiana-LTC, we would continue to do shows until our
equipment gave out.  We do about 3 or 4 shows per year.

2.  Are there any clubs that would continue to show using the new Battery
powered IR Trains?

Michiana-LTC will likely not widely adopt the new trains other than giving them
a small loop of their own.  As an individual, I'm hoping to use the IR trains as
a primitive DCC system, burying the module inside a engine or two.  The bulk of
the system as it currently stands is the greatest obstacle, the system's
potential could increase greatly if just seperated from the train base.

3.  How tightly are 9V trains and your clubs survival tied together?

Extremely, the layout size will be fixed and gradually reduce as track wears out
and motors die.  There will be no expansion.

-Stefan-