 Trains / 27089
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:14:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Ted Michon wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:
..
Trust for now that we are discussing this with LEGO and we are trying to get all the information we can about the status of 9V trains.

-Eric Kingsley
LEGO Ambassador

Eric-

Thanks. Glad to know you and the others are on top of this issue that means so
much to many of us. At SCLTC we have almost 5 years invested building our club
and have reached the point where venues come to us and we have as many events as
we can handle. If 9V trains disappeared, we would not be able to continue.

-Ted

Ted,

This is very important feedback.  Lets try an informal poll...

If 9V trains do get discontinued...

1.  Would your club disband or significantly cut back on public appearances?
(List your club and number of appearances)

2.  Are there any clubs that would continue to show using the new Battery
powered IR Trains?

3.  How tightly are 9V trains and your clubs survival tied together?

It is important that folks take this seriously and post honestly.  If you have
any other feedback in terms of how your club would be affected if 9V trains were
discontinued please share that as well.

The more information the Ambassadors have in terms of how a decision such as
this affects the community the more we can try to influance decisions within
LEGO before a point of no return is reached, such as happened with the color
problem.

I will take your feedback and put together a document that I will submit through
the channels I have open to me and we will see what happens.

-Eric Kingsley
LEGO Ambassador