 Trains / 27124
Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Bert Waters wrote:
(unless we are missing something and 9v is
just causing Lego to hemorage money).

In which case it might be interesting to answer: How much more would you (or
your club) be willing to pay for 9V track and accessories?

ROSCO

Tim actually wrote this. I've just been compiling our responses. That's a good
question.We purchased 20 packs of track at a brick and mortar with the 10% LUG
discount several weeks ago.That was still $240 for 160 straights. Would I pay
LEGO $16 for a box of straights? I don't want to think about it.I'm not going to
guess the price elasticity of discontinued 9V track and motors. That's what
BrickLink is for.

I'm guessing we have 50 plus 9V motors between us and a thousand plus straight
track. We only used a small portion of our track at the last show. Our future
train investment would mainly go into rolling stock and bulk bricks for building
unless a new layout demanded more track. Our next layout at GATS might just do
that unless of course, the track's been discontinued.