 Trains / 27071
27070  |  27072
Subject:
9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 04:38:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm not usually an alarmist but I did notice the new U.S. sale prices on
selected 9V items, including the Train Motor, Speed Regulator, Level Crossing,
and Train Engine Shed (in new bley which was somewhat good news, as we hope this
set will be continued with the RC's) along with Locomotives and Rail Cars.

Here's the link to U.S. S&H sales:http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=11

Lowering the price on the Hopper Waggon, Caboose, and Passenger Wagon makes
sense, but lowering the price on the Train Motor tells me the 9V Straight Track
is next. I won't be buying the RC track because of the unfriendly consumer
Corporate decision to package 8 straight tracks with 8 curves. Do they think we
are going to purchase a dozen boxes of half straight and half curves to build a
nice display when we need straight in a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio? This was a slap in
the face to LUG's. Our LUG already has hundreds, perhaps thousands of 9v curves
in storage. Wait a minute, I'm not bitter. I'm just concerned that the decision
makers are more concerned about short term profits than long term viability.

Is this the death mill of 9V? Is S&H not going to support 9V after all? RichLug
just purchased 20 boxes of straight track, partially because we are worried 9V
will no longer be supported when RC comes out. Should we grab a dozen motors at
the "discontinued" price? I wish our LUG could get an honest answer from LEGO
about their support of 9V. Is this too much to ask? Our show this weekend may
have been the best LEGO PR in our metropolitan area this year and it didn't cost
LEGO a penny. We want LEGO sales to go up when we display. I'm not bitter, just
worried that my collection will become even more valuable because it's no longer
supported. I'm not in this for the investment.

I noticed the train sales the other day and waited to see if anyone would
comment. So...What's up? I don't want to purchase my next motor on Bricklink at
inflated prices.