 Technic / 11716
Re: JCB JS220 Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:39:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:

The only thing I’m wondering is how long it takes before the power is gone. I mean, using five motors you must have powerfull batteries.

While the model works with the standard Lego battery box as shown, I usually run it from 8 NiMH rechargeables giving 9.6V. These are housed in the back of the superstructure in the same place as the battery box. At exhibitions when the excavator is in constant use, I’d expect to change the batteries once or twice a day

   I’m building my own excavator now. It will be a classic one.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing that.

Jennifer