 Publishing / 4424
Re: JCB JS220 Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:23:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Anders Isaksson wrote:

The only thing I dislike is the color scheme on the web pages ...

Interesting, maybe it is a personal preference, I don't mind it so much and
indeed bright white background with black text sometimes tires my eyes.

Any high contrast scheme will tire the eyes, be it black on white or white on
black.

But there's more:

I don't have very good sight, wearing strong glasses (-9.5, -9.75 if that tells
you anything). Also only use one eye at a time (anyone of them, but not both
together).

I don't mind B/W so much on a really monochrome screen, as there it's only one
dot on screen for one pixel. On a color screen there are three dots (R,G,B) for
a pixel, not exactly in the same place. This introduzes a fuzziness in the
pixel. This fuzziness is quite enlarged by the 'chromatic abberation' (sp?
word?) in my glasses. Turning a bit to the side, I see the letters getting one
blue, and one red side :-)

This effect is more accentuated when the letters are lighted, better when the
letters are dark.

What is your prefence for colours?

I find light yellowish background with black text quite nice.

AndersI