 Technic / 11695
Re: JCB JS220 Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:27:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery wrote:

• Use of transmission parts to create the concentric drive shafts through the turntable. (a most excellent approach ;-)

Indeed! I have namechecked you for that one.

   • Back to back connection of cylinders- very clever. I had to try this for myself. It appears the cylinder bottoms can slide a little, but only with significant force. I conclude that the connection is tight enough to keep anything from slipping during normal operation.

They can move slightly, I’ve just looked at the leader picture and it can be seen on the boom cylinders :-

   I thought at first glance that this model is a little less impressive than your AC-50.

I know exactly what you mean, and certainly it is less exciting in sheer number of functions than the AC50-1, but personally I think there is something better about the JS220, although I am not exactly sure what. Being able to get detailed photos of the real machine before finishing the model helped a lot I think, very little was left to guesswork, although in some ways this makes life more difficult as there can be less fudges in appearance.

Jennifer