 Technic / 11752
Re: JCB JS220 Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:59:38 GMT

beat.felber@fhso.ch (Beat Felber) wrote in <HpC78s.1szu@lugnet.com>:

I used quite a few of the black technic "axle pin with friction" for
rollers, but in fact they don't actually roll, the tracks just slide
over them. It seems to work quite well.

Never tried that one - nice space saving idea. What I tried some time
ago was to use plates with the studs on the side so that the track runs
over the edge of it. This allows to build very narrow track frames. If I
remember right, in a very old Dacta set, this idea was used to build a
chain saw with the narrow track links.

The disadvantage of this construction is that the track links are liable to
snag on the edges of the plate.
--
Harro de Jong