 Space / 39208
Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:56:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:
   The Space Nazis™ are here!

Wow, has this ever stirred up a hornet’s nest.

Richie, first about your MOC. You got the basic swastika shape, but little else. If you want to do space Fascists, you have steep competition -- Keith Goldman and Paul Brassington come to mind. The spaceship has to be great, and the scenery has to match. If you want people to get over the shock and get to the humor, especially on this subject, you really really need to wow your audience.

Now, a lot of people here seem to be questioning whether it would ever be appropriate to chuckle at a Nazi-inspired Lego creation. Hey, didn’t any of you folks ever see Mel Brooks’ History of the World, Part I? Did you see the “Jews in Space” sketch, with the Star of David spaceship? Did you laugh? Be honest. Yes, Mr. Brooks was portraying the WWII underdogs, not the overlords. But it wasn’t exactly a flattering portrayal, was it?

In real life, of course, one should take issues of inhumanity most seriously. And maybe kid-friendly Lugnet isn’t quite the place for the under-18 set to see a Nazi spaceship. But I’m sure that most of you who are posting here are old enough to know that Lego isn’t real life. Relax a little bit.

FUT off-topic.debate, of course.

Ladasky Home Solar, Inc.: blowing sunshine up your power grid since March 24, 2005. Fiat lux!

Uptime: 137 days
   Downtime: none
   kWh generated: 3298
   kWh consumed: 2422