 Space / 39172
Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:06:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Is this the same guy who was built a entire subtheme based on another notoriously murderous totalitarian regime? People who live in glass gulags shouldn’t throw stones.

Chill out, Junior Marshal.

Thanks for the thoughtful critique yet again, Marc. The Eastern Block is an ironic look at the future of communism (similiar to Keith Goldman’s Iron Reich, an ironic look at futuristic fascism - but not condoning it). And while the Soviet Union has its murderous past, so does Great Britain, France, the United States and any other regime you can think up. And the Eastern Block isn’t based solely on the Soviet Union, but on a broad concept of a future of communist society that stands at odds with quasi-American PCS. The whole point is to create friendly banter.

Still, my initial critique stands: Richie’s MOC is unimpressive and unfunny, for shock value alone. My MOCs never relied on shock value, and always attempted to be good creations regardless of theme.

Why don’t you chill out, Mr.Nelson? You’re making what is a thoughtful critique into a match of name-calling. I’m not throwing stones, I’m giving my opinion.

-Lenny