 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *638 (-100)
  New Aircraft !

Well it's a "happy LEGO day" for me - I've updated my personal page (URL) to include the new Sopwith Camel. (URL) I still want your 8855 though John. ;-) I'm interested in your comments (though I don't expect ya to be as excited as me). 8-) SRC (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

As everyone knows, I don't have a garage. So, no carpentry party at my place, unfortunately. But I would be able and willing to do all of the painting. Oh, does anyone have brushes I could borrow? :-] John Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

The count is 6 large and 6 small, including the large table with the hole for the round house, and the small table with the trench for the elevator and the sunken small table originally for a small port. Half the tables are still in Edmonton at my (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

The low table I made last year is one of the small 30.5x30.5 inch guys, it is more like a canyon, with vertical walls on three sides and open on only one side. The walls are there to attach to the adjacent tables with the usual bolt holes. I think (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

(...) I seem to recall Michel saying at some point that the table count had turned out to be inaccurate?? Six full sets as in six 30x60s and six 30x30s? That would mean then that two additional 30x60s (plus something lower for the mountain/bridge (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

(...) What low table are you refering to? (...) Ummm - That's what I'm suggesting. (My bridge is _exactly_ 45" in fact.) By lowering "the table" 16 bricks, the bridge deck and track would be level with the other tables, as Kevin pointed out quite (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  RE: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

(...) We can vary the height on more than one table, that's no problem; all it takes is more legs. If we drop two tables, we can fill in some terrain on each side of the lowered area with brick to make it look more "natural", which would give us (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

John Koob wrote in message ... (...) Clarification - 30" is a bit short, but 60" is too long. How long is the low table? Could we go for something like a 45" bridge and have some box/wood constructed to raise the apparent height of part of the low (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Layout possibility

Chris Gray wrote in message ... (...) I beg to differ. It looks clean and organized, especially the yard. I suggest that we go for a more polished look this time, rather than size or wackyness. (...) Do we have enough room near the yard for stacks (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) double (...) I'd have enough to do a double track trestle, but 30" is a bit short... Something longer would look better, but would mean borrowing or acquiring some more black beams. More beams ... I like the (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Layout possibility

(...) Looks not bad to me. A bit boring, but otherwise good. A couple of short industrial spurs might be useful. Perhaps a short backwards one from the spur to the turntable could lead to a trainwash. Another possibility is to replace the lower-left (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Layout possibility

I had more free time this afternoon than I expected, so whipped up a .tdl... (URL) the .tdl and a .jpg of it are in that gallery) Blue is water on a lowered table (part of the mountain would also be over the lowered table), grey is mountain, green (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

(...) That calls for a lot of brick, probably more than I have. Verticle lift is what requires the most volume of bricks, if you want it sturdy, and I was fairly well tapped out with the Supertrain mountain at about 2 feet of lift. I've got some (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

(...) I agree there isn't enough room for elevation ramps. That's why my mountain-valley-bridge suggestion has both tracks at the level of the tables. The upper portion of the mountain peaks are above track/table level, while most of the "two (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

(...) We don't have the room at GEMTS to elevate track to the level required for your arch bridge, not without dedicating a full *two thirds* of our space to elevating the track, and consiquently obscuring at least 1/2 of our layout behind (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Passenger Train Consists (was: Re: brick/plate height ruler...)

(...) I just happened to be surfing looking for some Hiawatha info the other night, and came up with this URL: (URL) has scanned an original, full brochure on the Milwaukee Road's Olympian Hiawatha-- what a cool primary resource:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Here is a typical(1) consist for a 15 or so car train from the heavyweight era that I just made up, but which ought to be fairly representative. Starting from the front: -baggage -baggage -Railway Post Office -Dormitory -Coach -Coach -Coach (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

You want a 25-car Metroliner? I can do that ;-) I've just been playing around with designs for various cars. I have enough Metroliners, I just need to figure out HOW MANY of each car to make. I need to build a mail car, 2-3 Club Cars, a ton of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

(...) A followup to this. I think I remember putting a single six-pack pallet load into the box with the speed controllers Michel. Have you had a chance yet to go through all your stuff? :-) SRC L#765 (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) I originally made it to measure stripe on various "Daylight"-type passenger coaches, so I could easily tell where the stripes were, but I could also tell the top and bottom, level of the windows, etc. without worrying about the distance (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 20 (yes TWENTY) new trains at LEGO.com/Shop - Themes | Trains

(...) I agree - We absolutely should have a train there that matches the postcard. People will be _expecting_ it. Probably not as part of the actual layout though IMO. SRC (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

(...) Josh (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

(...) I was so inspired that I've made container car Bricksmith kits that will be available as soon as I can find time to get the instructions drawn up. :-) The first production run (which I plan to auction) is done and parts for many dozens more (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

(...) It looks like what is more common;y known as a well car, or container car. (...) Looks good! josh (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

"David K. Z. Harris" <frenezulo@baylug.org> wrote in message news:GC4oxH.F1G@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) as (...) David, Your spine car is beautiful! I really like unusual train configurations (such as shared wheelsets). The detail and realism is (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Breaking radio silence...

Too much work (still pre-IPO, but still hanging on after 5 years!), but I finally made some time to build more improvements on my Spine Car. I added some beds for the SuperTrain 2001 show, but I finally made some time to work on much-needed (and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

(...) My arch at Supertrain only appeared to be supporting the bridge deck. I still have to finish it properly, and plan to for GEMTS2001. A trestle bridge would be nice, but consumes a LOT of black beams. (I do have enough to make a nice one, yes, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: constructions needed for GEMTS 2001

Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) belt (...) I hope I will not need this, but I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not eager to use glue more due to the the difficulty of acquiring lt grey mailboxes than losing a few links. -- John (remove the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) option, (...) We've already had an unsupported bridge spanning a gap in the tables, and we've already had an arch. We have not had a true trestle bridge. My suggestion would be a *supported* trestle bridge that (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: constructions needed for GEMTS 2001

Hello Guys, I WILL motorize the turntable before September, even if it kills me. The roundhouse itself just needs a few finishing touches. I still have my single wide 30 inch bridge, I could make it a bit longer and keep it all black and grey, or (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  constructions needed for GEMTS 2001

From what we talked about on our Tuesday meeting (mar 27), there are definately some things we want to have on our layout, and I'd like to get some people willing to commit to them. Not everything is fixed in stone yet, but we can fix some stuff and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Layout change for GEMTS 2001

I was contacted by the fellow tearing out his hair making the floorplan for GEMTS 2001 and asked how flexible our layout plan was, and if we could do a different size. We bounced around a few numbers for a bit, and agreed to a tentative 15' x 25' (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

(...) I found a green tractor on white pallet cargo, but no "six-pack". If I remember correctly, all the un-marked six-packs went to Michel... SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

(...) If the green "Z" tape wasn't on the bottom, then it's a safe bet they're in with JamesP's containers - "unless marked otherwise" designated JamesP. I'll unpack and have a look and take a few photos. I can send them to you along with some of my (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

(...) If they are in my stuff, and it shows up before it gets checked over again, I'll fire them off to you...but, you might do well to Email me again when I reapear (I'm going to be going off line soon for most stuff...I go househunting on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

(...) I seem to recall both of those loads existing, and I'm fairly certain they're in with James Powell's stuff. (...) It's *extremely* unlikely that they walked away. We were undermanned, but had a good crowd barrier in place and any attempted (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...

First, I want to congratulate the team that staged SuperTrain 2001! That was a huge effort, and the pictures bear witness to the size of the effort, as well as to the crowds that were captivated by the display. (So, my second thanks go to the folks (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  March 27 - past tense

Well we managed to stuff John and his LEGO and Chris and his LEGO and me and most of my LEGO into the Honda. I could tell how bumpy the road was by how many pieces fell off the sign into John's hand. :-) John showed off his crane, and then I got to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  GEMTS2001 layouts (or, It Starts Again...)

More endless rounds of Track Designer files floating around NALUG until we're buried in them... Whee! ;) (URL) up on a couple of the suggestions from last night's shindig, I messed around in TD this morning... Mostly getting the railyard to a state (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) Well Michel thought they might be his, [ Ah - the pains of having such a large collection you can't remember parts of it... :-) ] but Zonker and JamesP are both sure they're not theirs, so... SRC (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) James (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success

OK, The yellow one with a Z on the bottom is already accounted for, they're not an Octan color scheme for Michel, and JamesP doesn't think they're his. Perhaps if I show you guys a couple of pics... (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success - more pics

(...) Nice job on the long shots... that's one thing the Mavica doesn't go a great job on; it tends to pixilate too much for good long focus shots. You also got a shot that I didn't think to grab - the mountain in pieces: (URL) large chunk in the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Second? Great!

I checked out SuperTrain on Saturday, and sorta' saw you guys :-) Great set up. Also, is there something wrong with someones mail server? I am just curious, after recieving a few hundred emails <g> -- "To infinity and beyond!" (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success - more pics

SRC wrote in message ... (...) I've scanned more shots of the NALUG layout at Supertrain: (URL) you can see, the layout was quite large. We were fortunate that we managed to get everthing reasonably presentable in time. Let us know what you think. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) I did some "creative editing" - Here's my favorite "show photo": (URL)Goodness that is pretty. Are you using the "hook handed railing (...) KevinM's 8wide back-row/left-side does use minifig hands IIRC. SteveB and SteveC were talking about the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) Goodness that is pretty. Are you using the "hook handed railing technique"? Are there some closer pictures of this creation? Thanks, Chris Are we supposed to be looking at the 8-wide CP engine or are we supposed to be looking at the GP in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) I intend to - I ran out of time. (That's why my bridge isn't finished.) SRC (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) You can have them until about ~20th May or so :). (...) _bad_ experience taught me to use the Ziplock bags. The first show I went to (hey, the only one I _have_ been to :( ) I took a bunch of stuff, including my passenger train (based on (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

Yes, I spotted that, looks great, you did a fine job (and the best type of compliment, thanks). Are you going to decal it? That would look great as well. SteveB PNLTC (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Powell writes: (...) Many thanks to you two for sending your trains. I don't suppose you'd like me to "store" them for you on a permanent basis? 8-) I too was pleasantly surprised that the VIA stripes lined up, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) For my Via engine (which Steve told me did not survive the trip...funny, I would have figured it more sturdy than the Class 25), I just used the same yellow tape I had. As regards where the lines go, it is kind of dictated by the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

Wow! I found 4 MPEG movies, and my trains were in two of them! :-) Nice job behind the camera! I'm glad to see they actually got on the loops. :-) I've been looking at the Town area as well, and I like many of the houses, and the street light (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) What was awe-inspiring to me is that the mountain is only about 2/3's of a GMLTC module! I have a new respect (not that I didn't before, but...) for the guys doing that style of modular layout. (I say 2/3's because while my mountain is taller, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) Zonker- You probably want "O" scale decals, although "S" will work (but they are smaller and variety is more limited). Check out: (URL) or: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

The mountain was incredible (coming from someone who spent a few hours working on a couple GMLTC-like modules, and then sorting and stacking bricks for others to use to continue after me... ;-) It was also very cool to see my models on display! I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) Congrats. VERY well done! And the pics rock... ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) Thanks for posting these pictures; I was heavy impressed by your mountain! Kids area looks as if they (and you?) had much of fun. Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) <snip> (...) I've just finished uploading 11 disks of pictures & mpegs, and you'll find them on Brickshelf here: (URL) couple things I wanted to single out: The other Lego layout at the show was also very cool; he did a good job of blending (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

(...) I almost forgot that, but yes, there should be three of them on one of the ten disks that James is working on... :-) (John may have shot a few also - I'm not sure.) SRC (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Supertrain Success

Congrats on such a big show! Can't wait to see the pictures! -Frank ps. did someone also take pictures of Nolin's layout? (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Supertrain Success

The largest LEGO train layout in Canadian history (AFAIK) at Canada's largest model train exhibit was a huge success. Overall attendance broke the previous record by over 30% - 13322 attendees. The largest "kid's play area" at a train show (I stand (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: It got to Edmonton, then stopped...

(...) Zonker's box of trains arrived this morning (at work). I had to open it up and put everything on my desk of course - most of it survived intact. I've repacked the box so it's ready for the show setup in one week. SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  It got to Edmonton, then stopped...

I sent my 15-pound box o' trains to Steve C.s house via DHL. It got clear to Edmonton, and then got stuck. Bad address, they say. I've confirmed it all with DHL, and with Steve, but tomorrow, the DHL driver will have Steve's mobile phone number, so (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) got (...) babyproof (...) him.> (...) ROFL! :-) -- John (remove the obvious to reply) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

(...) Heh... Yeah, Adam... LEGO trains are perfectly safe. No side effects, and all your friends have them. The first one's free... Well, ok, the first one's expensive, but by the time you're totally hooked, it seems so cheap it might as well have (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

(...) Trust me, Adam; you can be safe in going to the train show and not getting hooked on trains. I went to the GETS show here in Edmonton, played with the trains, built a bit of scenery, talked to lots of people, etc. And didn't get hooked on (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

(...) Hmm... Let's see if I can accurately predict the objections of some of the NALUG members... Me: "Wife" Michel: "Wife" Kevin: "RRSP Season" John: "1 bedroom apartment" Steve: "Have you seen my Visa bill???" Raven (my wife): Glare! :) James (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)

(...) All that and no train stuff? You've GOT to come by the show so we can get you hooked on LEGO trains... :-) SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

North Americana! (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) They're beautiful - Feel like sending any up north for Supertrain2001? Perhaps it would be easier to get some construction details to JamesB and he could replicate them locally? I think he still has room to fill. (...) They're even (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: See, I'm not just playing with Track Designer...

(...) We've got a couple batteries for the Mavica, and it's pretty easy on them in the first place. It takes .jpg straight onto floppy, so storage doesn't matter. Picture quality is so-so without some effort, though. (...) We've got a scanner, so (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: See, I'm not just playing with Track Designer...

(...) I like the train station - especially the arch brick supports for the edge of the roof. These photos remind me - what are we going to do about shots of this whole endeavor? My digital camera is pretty awful by today's standards. James - how (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Can you get it to me within the next two weeks? SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: See, I'm not just playing with Track Designer...

(...) Wow! Very nice. I'm glad I *decided* to do an ugly house! :-) Are there boy's and girl's entrances on the school? That would be very Alberta! (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) Looks good, James. You will populate these buildings with figs, right? Do you have enough that don't appear medieval? I could toss in some, but most of my figs have helmets and oxygen tanks. :-] John (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  See, I'm not just playing with Track Designer...

I decided to take some quick snaps of some of the town buildings completed to date; mostly because I just finished the train station, and I'm pretty happy with how it worked. (URL) this is the kind of stuff that will be populating the town at (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest town

(...) Looks like you've got enough room for two or three stations. I have a retrostation built and available - LMK if you need it. SRC (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) I do have some bits that could help...What color(s) do you need for them? I mostly have red, from the old firehouses (see my roundhouse at (URL) have some smaller quantities of other colors... I also have a large number of black and of grey (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) The 'slugs' are parasitic...only traction motors and etc., drawing power from the connected locomotive. The 'B' (booster units) are basically a full locomotive, without the cab, and only controlled by the sttached loco. Apparently, the 'B' (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) OK. (URL) think this is the final, since yours was the only suggested revision. Good idea, since this gives us a long enough straight stretch in front of the station to actually have a train not stopped on a curve or a switch. James (ps: (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) Also, I loved your pictures of the LRC. Those are awesome shots! I've always thought the LRC is North America's most aesthetically pleasing train. The nose is so wonderful! I really wonder if it would translate well into LEGO. Don't forget to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) I too have made a lego VIA model (engine only ) (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) I'm not sure I've ever even *seen* a Lego garage door! I don't know if they are the same slots, but I have some 1 x 4 bricks with straight side slots. 2 red, 4 grey, 4 dark grey, 14 black. (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) chance to see it in person! Seeing stuff that is familiar is always a hoot! So, what's with those "slugs"? I vaguely recall seeing one at some point. Do they have full motor-generator sets in them, and if so, why are they half-height, versus (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) Just take her with you. There's got to be one or two passable restaurants in Calgary. Bribery will get you everywhere. Hee Hee. KMaynes (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

Looks good James, is there anyway to leave a siding in front of the station, there are several passenger trains on the roster. Perhaps moving the station to the far right, enlarging that loop, and shrinking the loop on the left. Did you try just a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

Looks really nice Steve. You have to stop posting these improved plans, sooner or later I will weaken and take the trip to Calgary to see this in person. It would be the last thing I would enjoy in my life, as my wife would kill me for leaving her (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 skirt

I left the 10 packs of white plastic skirting at my parents with the other two blue ones, hopefully I'll have time to dash to Millwoods to pick them up before I go to Sherwood Park to drop off the rest of the stuff. Michel (...) ask (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) if (...) Ok. Does anyone have garage door segments that they could loan for the warehouse loading bays? I have enough to make four doors but the segment colors are a mix of clear, red, blue and black. Also the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Grain elevator ideas

If you find that the option of using something non-LEGO is something you would consider, try these; Popcorn (unpopped kernels)...yellowm and recognizable! ;-) small lemon drop candy? (Lemonhead, etc) Just a couple thoughts. I'm simply overwhelmed (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) vote on which is the better VIA train (since JamesP is sending his also.) The only two VIA LEGO trains I've ever seen anywhere - BOTH at Canada's largest model train show. This is getting exciting. I just hope the weather is as nice in three (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan27

(...) Here is the updated town incorporated into the full layout: (URL) couldn't fit the last meter or two onto the screen, but you know what it looks like from the close-up. If someone has excess blue plates they'd like to trade, I'd like to give (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Canadian Trains from California?

Sorry for the delay. technical problems kept me from posting, but I've been watching the growing plans. The show ought to look simply amazing. I wish I could be there to take some pictures and video! I've been modelling a couple of VIA coach lines (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) (URL) is, unless anyone spots something glaring, a final plan. The extra table lets us do a long stretch of highway, and what can be more Alberta than that? ;) John - I'm taking you up on your offer to do a warehouse-like building... if you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

(...) Whoa - I'd better make a note of the date. ;-) I've added another table to the town for the grain elevator. Here's what the latest town layout looks like. Please note this is my idea and James will probably make wholesale revisions to it... (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Curved Road Plates

I'll go to TRU tomorrow then, and if they the right ones, the 6321 plates, I'll pick up two of them. That would be four corners, because there are two plates in each right? If they aren't the right ones, well, I tried. I'm sure we can work something (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Curved Road Plates

(...) Yes, actually. Those are the ones, and I could use another set (or two), although I'm not desperate for it. The TRU's up here are coming up empty on anything that isn't a straight road plate (and even then, there's only 1 store with any (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout mountain sizing

(...) Cool. :) (...) Can do - although not in a fireproof varient, if they're wanting such. (...) I only have 1, unless they're hiding somewhere clever. I'll e-mail him and ask him to bring them in when he drops stuff off on the 7th. James (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout latest - Jan25

Excellent. Great yard. I can't find much to change. :-] If we will be short on straight track, no problem--I am in need of some anyway and could be convinced to place an order. LMK. John SRC wrote in message ... (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact