 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 610
Re: constructions needed for GEMTS 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:46:32 GMT

James Brown wrote in message ...
Unsupported (as in, no table beneath) 60" double track bridge: Steve?
Steve, some of the track designs that Michel was playing around with had
one or both of the tracks on this bridge being elevated.  Is that an • option,
and how soon would you need to have any elevating written in stone?

We've already had an unsupported bridge spanning a gap in the tables,
and we've already had an arch.  We have not had a true trestle bridge.

My suggestion would be a *supported* trestle bridge that is often seen
around Alberta.  And when I say trestle, I mean black supports *under*
the track deck.  The trestle supports could go half way down to the
floor or further.  And there is no table beneath the bridge (maybe just
some boxes covered with tarp).  Note that nothing is elevated here--
the track deck is level with the tables.

I'm thinking of something like the following, but on a smaller scale:
http://www.lethbridge.worldweb.com/PhotoGallery/Bridges/10-424.html
Opinions?

Do you have enough black beams for this, Steve?  :-]

Motorized grain elevator: John?
It would be very cool if you could tweak this into a mostly-unsupervised
working state.  Meaning that every once in a while we could dump grain in,
and otherwise just let people ooh and aah.

Yup, will try.  Will test it thouroughly to see how long it can survive with
out choking.  The new red inverted arches should solve most problems
nicely.

--
John
(remove the obvious to reply)