 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 608
Subject:
constructions needed for GEMTS 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:28:23 GMT

From what we talked about on our Tuesday meeting (mar 27), there are
definately some things we want to have on our layout, and I'd like to get
some people willing to commit to them.  Not everything is fixed in stone
yet, but we can fix some stuff and work around it if we need to shift other
things.

Currently in the plan are:

Roundhouse & motorized turntable: Michel?

Unsupported (as in, no table beneath) 60" double track bridge: Steve?
  Steve, some of the track designs that Michel was playing around with had
one or both of the tracks on this bridge being elevated.  Is that an option,
and how soon would you need to have any elevating written in stone?

Mountain of some description: James

1 (double track) or 2 (single track) 30" bridges: ??

Motorized grain elevator: John?
  It would be very cool if you could tweak this into a mostly-unsupervised
working state.  Meaning that every once in a while we could dump grain in,
and otherwise just let people ooh and aah.

lotsa buildings and stuff, but they can wait for now.

James

Re: constructions needed for GEMTS 2001