 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 626
Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 20:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
Imagine the mountain sitting on a table only about a foot tall, or even on
the floor itself, with the peaks at least a foot above the table.

That calls for a lot of brick, probably more than I have.  Verticle lift is
what requires the most volume of bricks, if you want it sturdy, and I was
fairly well tapped out with the Supertrain mountain at about 2 feet of lift.

I've got some ideas I'll try and post this week, but it will have to wait
until I've got time to play with Track Designer.

It's just a starting point - That's why I sent you the file.  I don't even
know if there are enough green tables available for it - that was to be one
of my first follow-up questions...       :-)

Right now there aren't enough tables, period.  We have 6 full sets, counting
the roundhouse and the blue-topped 30x30.  The original plan with a 60" gap
in the tables called for 7 sets exactly, but now without that gap, we need
to have 8 sets.

James