 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 625
Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
We don't have the room at GEMTS to elevate track to the
level required for your arch bridge, not without dedicating a
full *two thirds* of our space to elevating the track...

I agree there isn't enough room for elevation ramps.  That's
why my mountain-valley-bridge suggestion has both tracks at
the level of the tables.  The upper portion of the mountain peaks
are above track/table level, while most of the "two sections" is
below the level of the table-top.  I can see it clearly in my head,
(and it's beautiful) but transferring that image is difficult.   Imagine
the mountain sitting on a table only about a foot tall, or even on
the floor itself, with the peaks at least a foot above the table.

However, I have come up with a layout and bridge design that will IMO be
quite impressive.   http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=41923

The only problems I see with this are that 1) the roundhouse is in the
wrong place - it is in the middle of a 30x60 table, not the end, so the
rail yard would have to get shuffled around and 2) there's virtually no
room for buildings and town stuff.  You need at least 2 baseplates
wide to have buildings and a street.

It's just a starting point - That's why I sent you the file.  I don't even know
if there are enough green tables available for it - that was to be one of my
first follow-up questions...       :-)

SRC
L#765
StRuCtures