 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 635
Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 23:27:51 GMT

The low table I made last year is one of the small 30.5x30.5 inch guys, it is
more like a canyon, with vertical walls on three sides and open on only one
side.  The walls are there to attach to the adjacent tables with the usual
bolt holes. I think it is 19 bricks deep, enough to fit the large of the boats
with mast under my first bridge.

MIchel
How long is the low table?

What low table are you refering to?

Could we go for something like a 45" bridge and have some box/wood
constructed to raise the apparent height of part of the low table?

Ummm - That's what I'm suggesting.  (My bridge is _exactly_ 45" in fact.)
By lowering "the table" 16 bricks, the bridge deck and track would be
level with the other tables, as Kevin pointed out quite some time ago.
My mountain/valley/tunnel idea is just a nice-all-LEGO-looking
implementation of the concept.  It _would_ require lots of grey
bricks though; As James says - possibly more than he has...