 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 636
Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 21:20:34 GMT

The count is 6 large and 6 small, including the large table with the hole
for the round house, and the small table with the trench for the elevator
and the sunken small table originally for a small port.
Half the tables are still in Edmonton at my parents place.
Anyone interested in a work bee to build another 2 or 3 sets?
I could easily cut all the 1x2 needed on my table saw in St Paul, and bring
the small pieces to Edmonton.  Someone there could get the plywood cut in
the 2 larger pieces from each sheet.  Everyone who owns a drill would meet
in someones garage and we could build several sets in a day.  Someone would
then have to paint them, a major pain, because the green needs 2 coats, plus
the primer.  The legs are very labor intensive, and I still haven't finished
the legs from the tables I made last year.  I believe that the PNLTC guys
have eliminated the attacheable legs, due to the long set up time.  If we
could somehow use folding legs that would save a lot of time, both now and
in the future.  Steve could you post to the IOLTC asking them about their
current table standards?
I don't have a problem making them by myself, but it is the storage issue
that is proving to be a major thorn in my wifes side.  I would appreciate it
if someone would atleast offer to paint them, if I end up making another
couple of sets in St Paul.  And someone needs to store them.
Michel

Right now there aren't enough tables, period.  We have 6 full
sets, counting the roundhouse and the blue-topped 30x30.

I seem to recall Michel saying at some point that the table count had
turned out to be inaccurate??  Six full sets as in six 30x60s and six
30x30s?  That would mean then that two additional 30x60s (plus
something lower for the mountain/bridge section) would be needed?