 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 609
Re: constructions needed for GEMTS 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:28:09 GMT

Hello Guys,

I WILL motorize the turntable before September, even if it kills me.  The
roundhouse itself just needs a few finishing touches.

I still have my single wide 30 inch bridge, I could make it a bit longer and
keep it all black and grey, or quite a bit longer and add other colors.  I
could probably make it double wide, not sure how sturdy that would be.  I
have been playing around with fairly simple ZNAP bridges, and could easily
have a 30 inch one ready.

With respect to the grain elevator, I could donate some of the conveyor belt
pieces to be permanently superglued to the mailboxes, unless John comes up
with a better idea.

Michel

From what we talked about on our Tuesday meeting (mar 27), there are
definately some things we want to have on our layout, and I'd like to get
some people willing to commit to them.  Not everything is fixed in stone
yet, but we can fix some stuff and work around it if we need to shift other
things.

Currently in the plan are:

Roundhouse & motorized turntable: Michel?

Unsupported (as in, no table beneath) 60" double track bridge: Steve?
Steve, some of the track designs that Michel was playing around with had
one or both of the tracks on this bridge being elevated.  Is that an option,
and how soon would you need to have any elevating written in stone?

Mountain of some description: James

1 (double track) or 2 (single track) 30" bridges: ??

Motorized grain elevator: John?
It would be very cool if you could tweak this into a mostly-unsupervised
working state.  Meaning that every once in a while we could dump grain in,
and otherwise just let people ooh and aah.

lotsa buildings and stuff, but they can wait for now.

James