 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 632
RE: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 03:57:41 GMT

John Koob wrote in message ...
I'd have enough to do a double track trestle, but 30"
is a bit short...  Something longer would look better,
but would mean borrowing or acquiring some more
black beams.

Clarification - 30" is a bit short, but 60" is too long.
How long is the low table?  Could we go for something
like a 45" bridge and have some box/wood constructed to raise
the apparent height of part of the low table?

We can vary the height on more than one table, that's no problem; all it
takes is more legs.

If we drop two tables, we can fill in some terrain on each side of the
lowered area with brick to make it look more "natural", which would give us
some flexability on the bridge length, too.  I'll play with track designer a
bit tomorrow at work with this in mind.

James