 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 580
Re: Supertrain Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:51:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
The largest LEGO train layout in Canadian history (AFAIK) at Canada's
largest model train exhibit was a huge success. • <snip>
"Where are the pictures?" I can hear you asking.  Well, John took about
eight dozen shots with his SLR and will need time to get them developed
and scanned.  Raven's digital camera filled numerous diskettes with stills
and mpegs - James shot an mpeg of Kevin's train and his mountain that is
quite impressive.

I've just finished uploading 11 disks of pictures & mpegs, and you'll find them
on Brickshelf here:

A couple things I wanted to single out:

The other Lego layout at the show was also very cool; he did a good job of
blending Lego models and "traditional" scenery that worked really well:

The play area.  Wow, was that popular!  Many thanks to LEGO Direct for
providing the LEGO elements (including track & train bases) for this, and the
Supertrain 2001 organizers for provided the supervision.

Enjoy!

James
(I'm off to unload my van now...)