 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 588
Re: Supertrain Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, David K. Z. Harris writes:
It was also very cool to see my models on display! I think the stripes
on all of the blue VIA coaches lined up well, considering they were built
by two folks, working independantly, and without coordination! :-)

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Powell writes:
For my Via engine (which Steve told me did not survive the trip...funny,
I would have figured it more sturdy than the Class 25), I just used the
same yellow tape I had.  As regards where the lines go, it is kind of
dictated by the design...they have to go under the windows, and that
means that they go into the space of the 2nd brick off the plate,
therefore they should be in about the right place.  I found the tape
quite annoying to put on, and no, the 2nd blue engine was not intended
to be a model of a via engine (It is intended for use with the green
one the same as a double headed Tyne Dock-Consett train, seeing how
I still have most of my Tyne dock hopper cars :)

Many thanks to you two for sending your trains.  I don't suppose
you'd like me to "store" them for you on a permanent basis?   8-)

I too was pleasantly surprised that the VIA stripes lined up, but then
I realized what JamesP said - it's a fortunate natural outcome of the
brick and window spacing/sizing.  I didn't think JamesP's blue engine
quite looked like a VIA engine, but it was the only blue engine we
had, so...   As for surviving the trip, very little of it did survive intact,
(similar with Zonker's, but not as bad) but I was able to reconstruct
almost everything.  (I'm sure glad you used all those zip-lock bags.)
That all-SNOT VIA engine was beyond me though - especially without
an idea of what the intact engine looked like.  :-)    It's too bad Kai
didn't send his VIA engine.  http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/nalug/?n=556

I'm just hoping Steven thinks I've done his UnionPacific design justice
with "Little Red". http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=33742
(That shot is one of two that I specifically wanted to get - thanks James.)

SRC
Who - after this weekend - is having an even harder time
resisting joining Kevin on "the dark 8ide.    ;-)