 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 596
Re: Supertrain Success - more pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:01:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:

SRC wrote in message ...
"Where are the pictures?" I can hear you asking.  Well, John took about
eight dozen shots with his SLR and will need time to get them developed
and scanned.

I've scanned more shots of the NALUG layout at Supertrain:

http://plaza.powersurfr.com/acme/supertrain2001/

As you can see, the layout was quite large.  We were fortunate
that we managed to get everthing reasonably presentable in
time.  Let us know what you think.

Nice job on the long shots... that's one thing the Mavica doesn't go a great
job on; it tends to pixilate too much for good long focus shots.

You also got a shot that I didn't think to grab - the mountain in pieces:
  http://plaza.powersurfr.com/acme/supertrain2001/layout_empty3.jpg

One large chunk in the distance, a chunk of mountain & a couple bags of
loose mountain bits in the foreground, and just a hint of a corner in the
right side of the frame.  It didn't travel well, but at least I know how to
fix that for next time.

Thanks,

James