 LEGO Company / 2232
Re: Keynote presentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 03:41:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

That's right, Mike. Sorry for any confusion left by the keynote > posting
translation.

LEGO Brick Masters is targeted to and for kids.

Thanks for the clarification, Jake.  I'm sad to hear it, though.

I'm one of those "sleepers" y'all were apparentlny speaking about at BrickFest
(well, perhaps I'm starting to wake up in the last couple of weeks).  I'm
rediscovering LEGO and loving it.

But, I do get frustrated that the company seems (from my point of view) to be
ignoring AFOLs like me.  I too took the survey on the web site, and couldn't
even answer all the questions properly, because answers applying to me as an
AFOL weren't even among the options given.  So I got excited when it seemed that
LEGO was going to finally provide some support specifically for its most
dedicated, loyal, and deep-pocketed fans.  But alas, it's not so.  I keep
getting the impression that, ironically enough, LEGO doesn't see LEGO as a
serious adult hobby (unlike, say, the scale model train industry, or quilting
for that matter).

I have no problem with marketing toward kids -- obviously that's a big market
too.  But I really wish we AFOLs could feel some love too.