 Events / BrickFest / 2839
Re: Keynote presentation announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:24:03 GMT

More Felix joshing

Technic - John Barnes (not all decided yet)

Ocean Crossing
Bob Hayes

Sumo Chase (line Following and Sumo)
Steve Hassenplug

King of the Hill
Steve Hassenplug (again!)

Neatest thing in the room based on popular vote:
2nd - Pneumatic Hexapod Drive (Kevin Clague)
1st - Connect 4 game player (Sreve Hassenplug)

One vote for this was for Steve (not his creations but HIM!)

Space - Joe Meno

Moonbase - Announced by Chris Giddens

Best Small Moonbase - Mark Steffa - Pac Module and Moon Rock
Best Large Moonbase - Brian Darrow - Blactron Intelligence Agency

Other space - Announced by Joe Meno

Small creation - Brucy Wars - Hot Dog Bot (roundly booed for his Mega Blocks
shirt)
Medium Creation - Leonov - Jason Allemann
Large Creation - Tribunal - Adrian Drake (holy cow what IS that thing?)

Bionicle - Announced by Eric Sophie

1st -  Loci - Lee Magpil (Lee wore this creation up on stage)
2nd - Arok - Eric Christenson
3rd - Phi - Lee Magpil

Mecha - Presented by Felix

Best Small - Yellow 2 man mech - John Kyle
Best Large - Skrylitch - Eric Sophie (gave his award to Soren Roberts)

Best in Show overall

4th place - Jamaloquat - Eric Sophie (who could not spell it!)
3rd place - Davey Jones's Locker (Bill Hutcheson)
2nd place - Tribunal - Adrian Drake
1st place - Chatherdra - Steve DeCramer