 Events / BrickFest / 2863
Re: Keynote presentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 04:50:36 GMT

"Matt Sklar" <matthew.sklar@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:I2GpxJ.1Jy6@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Saskia van Doesburg wrote:
And here are two more pictures :-)
http://www.lowlug.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1084

Is it just me, or does the dark green look inconsistent in those photos? • If it
is like that for real, sorta inconsistent, then I'm really looking forward • to
this shade of green (even if it isn't inconsitent, dk.green would still • rock). I
just love this time of year!

-Matt Sklar, who wishes he could be in DC now.

The color inconsistency is due to some of the parts being spray painted.  A
few of the parts (1x10 plates, 2x4 plates, 4x6 plate that I noticed) were
real parts in the dsark grey, most of the rest (going from memory) were
painted.  One of the pieced you may not have noticed, is the 1x3x1 thin door
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3821) also in dark green.
There are two or three pair.  Other interesting parts are orange 2x4 45
degree slopes, orange airplane windows, dark green 2x3 and 2x4 medium
slopes, yellow 6x28 wagon plate, and many others.

I have some better close ups I took later in the evening I will post later.
We also got to run the train (in push mode) on the main line of the train
layout this evening - it looks good.  I certainly expect to buy several of
these once they are available.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com