 Trains / 23357
Re: Keynote presentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Mark de Kock wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Douglas Brod wrote:
   Jake made a comment that the released trains would have bricks formed of dark green, instead of having their dark green sprayed on. :) It’s just a prototype so far.

Jake also mentioned that, as a prototype, the stickers you see aren’t final.

Doug

About the stickers: I hope they change the number of the engine, as #1013 is not supposed to be a GP, but a C44-9W.

   Check this out: http://www.trainpix.com/bnsf/ROSTER.HTM or even better http://www.trainpix.com/bnsf/GEORIG/C44-9W/1013.HTM

Seeing this post brings tears of joy to my eyes, Mark!

You know, this means a lot to me, coming from you. I always look up to you as some kind of master-of-lugnet ;-)

   GREAT (and well supported with a *specific* reference rather than some general self aggrandizing blather about why you know a lot about the topic) nitpick! Although, who cares really... it’s just a toy....

Well, I could explain why I know so much about BNSF, but that would probably bore eberyone else. Just imagine an N-scale modelrailroad, dedicated to the BN, the ATSF and the BNSF... And yeah, it is just a toy.

   But I’ll buy this set anyway :-)

Me too, multiple copies I am sure! I just have to decide if it’s worth importing a bunch to save a few bucks...

I’ll be more than happy to order some for you. I could even swap one for one of your custom locomotives?

   //\ark “more BNSF” de Kock

Right on!

As to the other comment about stickers and getting more than one, I agree, I hope they issue multiple numbers, and moreover, choose them so that if you slice them up you get lots of different possible values (1013 and 2348 for example give you, with one slice, many different number possibilities while 1013 and 1014 give you far fewer if you see what I mean)...

One can only hope. But even with only one engine number available, I’m going to buy at least two. And next year: matching freight cars!