 Events / BrickFest / 2868
Re: Keynote presentation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:39:07 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Take an ordinary 1x2 45 degree slope. (which is arguably a 1x1 brick with a
prism on the side if you think about it) Now make it only 2 plates high
instead of 3... Change the 1x1 brick to 2 1x1 plates, and lowerg the slope
of the prizm a bit to compensate. NOW (and this is the big change and the
reason I said "half".... subtract the 2 1x1 plates worth of material so that
the footprint is only 1x1 instead of 1x2. KEEP the prism but lose the flat
part. It's JUST the slope part, no studs at all.

It MAY be the same slope as a 45, I'm not sure.

They look like if you chop the 1x1 tip off a 1x3 33 slope to me.  That slope
matches the faceted corners on the 4x4 wedge perfectly, if you line up the
corners (make sure you've got <http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=45677
this DAT> before you try viewing this):

0 Untitled¬
0 Name: Train slopes.ldr¬
0 Author: Purple Dave¬
0 Unofficial Model¬
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" ¬
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0¬
1 14 6 -4 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 45677.dat¬
1 4 -74 22 9.999 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 4286.DAT¬
1 4 16 -49 9.999 0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1 4286.DAT¬
1 14 46 -59 -30.001 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 4070.DAT¬

The part (paired) is holding the number boards above the cab window.

Those appear to be the same part as the ones lining the forward vertical edges
of the nose, but mounted with 1x1 headlight bricks so the blunt tip is entirely
concealed (I've included that in the LDR file as well), since the stud would
stick through the top of the slope otherwise..  All told, it should sit about
1mm short of the height of two plates.