 CAD / 13296
Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:55:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, danny staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
Putting scriptable programming languages in is only okay if you want
to develop something only developers will use.  If only programmers
can represent anything decent, then this format will be dismissed and
fall by the wayside as non-techies steer well clear. In Damiens last
but one paragraph, the majority of Lego builders are immediately
excluded.
<snip>

Wow, that really hurts.
Especially the last sentence.
Thanksfully i know you play role reversal: what you mean is users would
immediatly exclude my tool from their choice panel and will stick to POV or any
other alternative.
The Lego Mindstorms popularity means there are Lego builders that can program.
Whether they would learn OCaml for the sole purpose of animation is the
question.

Thanks for sharing your experience, whether professionnal or not.
The reason why i propect is precisely to benefit from others experiences.
There is a little possibility i will develop something but no chance that i do a
point & click interface.
If i develop something i will be prepared for having 0 users.
No user would be developping for fun.
One user would be one additionnal reward.

damien