 CAD / 13197
Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:53:40 GMT

First someone has to define the animation concepts by providing an animation
scripting language.

Take a look at Maya and Lightwave.  The concepts have been all thought out
already.

www.alias.com/maya

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave

If you want an LDraw animation package, you are first going to have a willing
programmer TEAM.  That is right, animation applications take teams of people to
write them.  Several individuals (myself included) attempted to do various
things with LDraw and have not produced very much.  Look what has been done with
Lightwave, and they didn't need the LDraw library either.

http://www.daveschool.com/projects/BATMAN/assets/pages/index.html