 CAD / 13298
Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:49:14 GMT

Usability was a key issue - coders are coders, and designers/animator
rarely want to dive in to the low-level guts of a system. Those
wanting to animate here - should not have to either. If they want to
do advanced animations - then yes they do want to understand paths and
a little about splines, but they also be able to place a part at point
A in a gui, then go to the next keyframe and place it at point B - and
the software be able to handle something simple enough to interpolate
between those two keyframes. That should not require any scripting on
a users part, or a description language - it should be just point and
click.

How are keyframes internally structured and saved to disk?  Are they
arrays, hashes, and how is the interpolation between keyframes
usually handled?  I haven't had time to research it myself, and I'm
not sure I would even be able to find the answer anyway.  I'm very
interested in learning because POV-Ray doesn't support keyframes and
if I could just write a simple script to parse an array/hash that
would probably make what I do easier on me.

James