 CAD / 13211
Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:46:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds wrote:
I have been working on what you want for 5 years.  At first I came up with Lani
as a language.

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/lani/details.html

It sucks.  I now use POV-Ray.  Have you learned POV-Ray?  Have you seen this:
http://www.ldraw.org/article/348

I fully agree, POV-Ray isn't as powerful as, say, Maya.  But it is as powerful
as you are going to get in free software.

I downloaded Lani long time ago, not deeply tested it but i wouldn't say it
sucks.

I know about POV-Ray, ray-tracing primitives and Constructive Solid Geometry.

My lego POV-Ray gallery: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alphablock/

Damien