 CAD / 13214
Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Stefan Gustavson wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Damien Guichard wrote:

Whatever loud users will scream for, what will eventually be
delivered is step n°4 (an interpreted animation scripting language).

I think it would be wise to include a step 3.5:
We first need some means for saving animation data,
i.e. we need to design and agree upon a file format
for time-varying LDraw data.

Without that, we might end up with the situation that
is still crippling some aspects of the otherwise very
successful RenderMan graphics standard: the file format
for RenderMan input is static, and each frame is actually
a still image generated from other, non-standard and
often proprietary scene description formats.

You mean a movement should be a continuous function rather than successives
position interpolations. If that's you mean then i agree. If not, can you be
more explicit?

Damien

web page: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alphablock/