 CAD / 13272
Re: LDraw Animation - Why MPD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Damien Guichard wrote:

* output would be a unique MPD file, each animation step being separated by a
CLEAR statement

What's the Pro with MPD files in this case? My experince is that it makes
programming much, much more difficult, and the gain is...(?) In LDA, I inlined
all submodels into one model DAT* file for each Frame, and then one Master DAT
file that calls all Frames separated by a STEP and a CLEAR statement.

*(Today I would of course have given them the LDR extension...)

The Pros:
* no change to existing standard material
* unlimited expressive power

The Cons:
* previous POV work would be not supported
* advanced OCaml programming quickly ressembles academic math work

* and yet another programming syntax to learn...