 CAD / 11324
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Don't forget LDDP's generator (soon to be a plugin again).

Cool!  I actually like the plugin idea even better than open source
(although the two ideas do work together well).  In my LDRAW fantasy
world (which is probably based on Karim's Artemis paper) all the
really nifty functionality is provided by plugins that can be shared
by ALL the Ldraw programs.

LDDP also supports the processing of code through LSynth.

Is that via a plugin wrapper?  If not, is there any chance you could
convert it to use a plugin wrapper so we can all share it?

Don