 CAD / 11328
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:20:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds wrote:
What I would like to see, is instead of open source, I would just LOVE to see
a unified developer effort to create an LDraw library, like opengl, openal,
libpng, libsdl, openssl, openldap, etc, etc, etc.

I have the beginnings of this with the DATBase, DATModel, and L3Check units used
for LDDP.  I've been considering splintering these units off into their own
project.  The only thing hindering me is the (apparent) lack of Delphi
programmers in the LDraw community.  If there is enough interest I can step up
my plans.

-Orion