 CAD / 11303
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:08:53 GMT

Hi.
  I like being able to say, “That’s mine that is.” about programs I write. With
open source you can say, “I started that.” Both of which I think are great
things to be able to say but personally I prefer the first one. It could just be
chance that some of the LDraw tools developers feel the same way.
You don’t have to do all the work, you chose to do all the work. That’s ware
half the enjoyment is, in doing it your self. All just my opinion of course. Cue
shameless plug for my closed source LDraw editor. www.mr-bucket.co.uk/GLIDE/
Actually you have got me thinking. Perhaps I will open source some of the
plugins. Like the LDraw file to VRML plugin. Once it’s in an acceptable state
and almost works.
--Dan.