 CAD / 11321
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:33:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
To use Fred Glockner's hose synthesizer (admittedly better especially with
respect to true length), you have to have emacs installed and know how to use
it.  I think it also only handles one kind of hose, but I may be wrong.  I know
it doesn't support fiber optic cables or electrical cables.

Don't forget LDDP's generator (soon to be a plugin again).  It's based on
Fredrik Glockner's emacs code and supports:
73590B.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L with Tabs (750.dat for endpoints)
73590A.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L without Tabs (752.dat for endpoints)
Technic Ribbed Hoses (79.dat for endpoints)
Technic Flexible Axles (stud3a.dat for endpoints)
Technic Flex-System Hose (76.dat for endpoints)
Hose 12L (Parts not yet official)

LDDP also supports the processing of code through LSynth.

-Orion