 CAD / 11315
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:26:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I can only speak for myself. I am a self-made programmer with huge voids in my
programming skills. I am probably breaking every existing convention of good
programming habits.

I already know that, and I don't wish to have that confirmed those who know how
to write perfectly correct code.

I'm trained and skilled in programming, but I learned the Borland C++ builder
environment as I went.  I have yet to figure out how to split my files into
subsystems.  I tried it and had trouble getting it to work for LPub.

As it stands, LPub is basically 8000 lines of code all in one file.  Despite
this I promised to give away LPub's source.  I figure if anyone complains about
how LPub is written they can take it over.

After recently having trouble with computer systems, I've decided that I'm going
to ship LPub with source, so that in case I lose things again, someone out there
will have the source.

/Tore

Kevin