 CAD / 11353
Re: Why aren't LDRAW tools Open Source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:57:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

I don't think the above looks like stuff that goes into an LDraw file format,
unless we introduce a whole bunch of meta commands.  When it is this far off, is
it worth forcing it into the LDraw file format?  I suppose the advantage is that
people can define their hose type directly in an LDraw file and have it ported
around with it.  Hmmm...

Actually, I'd very much like to figure what definition information can be put in part
files, and how model files could then specify the specific way the part is deformed.

Steve

OK Steve, I'll work up a proposal.

Kevin