 CAD / 11302
Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:06:45 GMT

Hi Dan,

This looks very good. Questions/suggestions/comments:

The interface looks like Leocad's one - is that a coincidence?

Please consider exporting to 3DS. Leocad does it, while Mlcad does not.
Unfortunately, updating Leocad's library is (used to be?) a bit of a pain. This
would be a great gap to bridge.

Will the camera definition allow adjustments in the Z axis (relative Z axis,
that is)? Adding that, plus the ability to export it to POVray, would be another
HUGE plus.

I guess I'm mostly asking for EXPORT options. I actually like a lot the idea of
a Ldraw-based OpenGL editing/animation* environment with solid export options to
both POVray and a standard format like 3DS. I like it so much I've been dreaming
about it for quite some time now.

Please make it happen ;-)

*I got the animation idea from the following lines found in your site:

Future stuff:
robotisize / play window