 CAD / 11624
Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:16:57 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:

There's a difference between supporting POV inline (which is not
controlled in the community) and supporting LCD info (which could be
integrated into the DAT format).  I'd like to see programs support both
options - both as an external .lcd file, and as inline lcd info in the
.dat.

I agree, but in the short term, I think seperate files may be simpler.

That's a great idea!  Though, and I might be confused here, wouldn't it
be possible to just create a stud.lcd file, and as the stud.dat file in
included, the lcd info would automagically be there?

I thought so too, but the format document (way at the bottom) implies
that this might be undesirable.  I'm not sure I understand why, though : (